I was going to do the annual year in review but decided to skip it this year. I didn't post much this past year, and most of what I posted is screenshots and blather about how much I love my job. I was a bit repetitive, to say the least.
Things I'm thankful for in 2009:
- my faith
- my loving and extremely understanding husband
- a fairly well behaved and intelligent daughter
- my family and friends
- my job
- rediscovering Pandora
- rediscovering family and friends via Facebook
Things I'd like to aim for in 2010:
- finding a church we all like
- spending more quality time with B and Sophie
- losing a little weight
- making it through the year without any major health issues
- paying off the credit cards (we're certainly making progress)
- making a budget and sticking to it
- overcoming my irrational and fairly recent fear of flying
- spending more time cooking and baking with Sophie (this might not work well with my weight loss endeavor)
- owning a DSLR
I don't make resolutions. If I do, I don't keep them, so what's the point? I don't make it a point to read a certain number of books or watch a certain number of movies (although I would like to do more of both). I don't set goals for how many pounds to lose or make rash decisions to join a gym and never use the membership again. I will probably purchase Wii Plus with my Toys R Us gift card that I earned with previous Wii game purchases and use that to start my workouts at home again. I seriously wish there was more time in a day.
Last night, we had Chinese take-out, as we normally do on New Year's Eve. They forgot the egg rolls, which really wasn't that big of a deal (although the egg rolls at this place are pretty good). My fortune cookie had no fortune. Does that make me unfortunate? I was asleep before 9pm, even though I was on call. I think I got one call that woke me up sometime just before 10pm. I tried to stay awake after that, but it simply wasn't happening. I feel pretty old.
Right now, my head and throat hurt quite a bit and I can't concentrate on much else. I skipped out on my first day of work for the year because I am sick. That's not really a great start to the year. Hopefully, the one day off the phone is all I need. My voice is going but isn't completely gone. This is not the way the rest of the year is going to be, though.
Happy New Year, y'all.